[Marxism] Re: Notes on Fidel Castro's speech to the Cuban peopleto

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sat Mar 19 07:32:00 MST 2005

.    On  19.03.05
  wrote  walterlx at earthlink.net (Walter Lippmann)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  005a01c52c8a$02249cb0$23ddfea9 at D8S7XM51
  about  RE: [Marxism] Re: Notes on Fidel Castro's speech to the Cuban peopleto

WL> Don't know how you tried to listen, or if you have a
WL> high-speed/broadband/cable/DLS type of connection,

  As I said, I did not get a connection in the first place, since the
servers were already overloaded

WL> but I had no difficulty at all hearing it

  You probably had set up the connection long before the transmission
began. I had to do a walk with my dog and tried to connect around
midnight (local time here), so rather about at most 5 minutes before
the 18:00 hours Cuban time

WL> and even made a tape recording. Aren't you glad that you had
WL> at least my notes to get you started

  sure, Walter thank you.

WL> in addition to the brief, inadequate stuff in the capitalist
WL> media?

  there was hardly anything in the capitalist media.

  But what makes you think that I do not read the Cuban papers?

  As I said, the best would be a satelite dish to receive Cubavisión
Internacional directly, either with a direct dish for PAS9 or a
subscription for Eutelsat Hotbird --- but 16,6 Euro/month is more than
what I pay for my whole cable connection with dozens of free
programs...

Yours,

  "Nach meiner Ansicht besitzt die Presse _das_ _Recht_,
Schriftsteller, Politiker, Komödianten und andere öffentliche
Charaktere zu _beleidigen_. Achtete ich [so einen Angriff gegen mich]
einer Notiz wert, so galt mir in solchen Fällen der Wahlspruch: à
corsaire, corsaire et demi [auf einen Schelmen anderthalben]."
                  - Karl Marx   17.11.1860  (Herr Vogt, Kapitel XI)