[Marxism] M19 in Columbus, OH

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 21:48:32 MST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:18:26 -0500, Yoshie Furuhashi
<furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> You should write to ANSWER and UFPJ leaders about the stupidity of
> holding two uncoordinated rallies on the same day, especially when
> one is attended by hundreds, and the other, two thousands.
>
> Visit <http://www.cpanews.org/copn/images/> for photos of the
> Columbus M19 rally.

Cool.  I was just reading the CNN front page story on the marches and
it mentions New York, San Francisco, and Chicago prominently.  But I'm
more interested what is happening in Columbus, in Louisville, in Salt
Lake City, in Lawrence, in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas.  I was
surprised to see over the past few years there have been May Day
celebrations in all of these cities - in places like Louisville or
Phoenix they are larger than one would think and are often unruly.  If
one spends the time to put them together, as I do, one gets a good
picture of how May Day is celebrated all over the US.  And if everyone
knew about one another I think that would be good.

Anyhow I put part two of my day, the Bring the Troops Home now
coalition (ANSWER) rally and march with pictures:

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/145542/index.php

Every Trotskyite sect imaginable tabling and every other speaker
screaming at the top of their lungs to SMASH CAPITALISM SMASH
IMPERIALISM TROOPS DESERT!!!!!!

On the other hand it was not as lily-white as the UFPJ-blessed event,
with a large hispanic and black presence.  Also, Lynne Stewart spoke
(and was greeted warmly).