[Marxism] M19 in Columbus, OH

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Mar 20 09:40:01 MST 2005

Lance wrote:
>Cool.  I was just reading the CNN front page story on the marches
>and it mentions New York, San Francisco, and Chicago prominently.
>But I'm more interested what is happening in Columbus, in
>Louisville, in Salt Lake City, in Lawrence, in the Ozark mountains
>of Arkansas.  I was surprised to see over the past few years there
>have been May Day celebrations in all of these cities - in places
>like Louisville or Phoenix they are larger than one would think and
>are often unruly.  If one spends the time to put them together, as I
>do, one gets a good picture of how May Day is celebrated all over
>the US.  And if everyone knew about one another I think that would
>be good.

May Day actually would be a better day to demonstrate in Columbus
than March 19-20.  The weather was bad on March 20, 2004, and it was
worse yesterday, in Columbus.  Besides, the Ohio State University
still operates on the quarter (rather than semester) system, so most
students are out of town for the spring break during March 19-20.

>Anyhow I put part two of my day, the Bring the Troops Home now
>coalition (ANSWER) rally and march with pictures:
>
>http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/145542/index.php
>
>Every Trotskyite sect imaginable tabling and every other speaker
>screaming at the top of their lungs to SMASH CAPITALISM SMASH
>IMPERIALISM TROOPS DESERT!!!!!!

Do sects ever sign up new members at rallies?  I'm just wondering.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/>