[Marxism] msnbc on anti-war protests...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 20 09:45:48 MST 2005

"Carlos A. Rivera" wrote:

> It appears that more people marched in a single demonstration in London in
> Feb. 2003 than all of those who marched world-wide in March 2005.
>
> If that is not a defeat, I don't know the meaning of the word.

Your basis of comparison is false. Compare M19 not with Feb 2003 but
with October 2004. The number of demonstrators at the latter was ZERO:
it didn't happen. In the US the UFPJ, et al. had successfully killed the
anti-war movement at the beginning of 2004 in order to absorb its
energies into the DP presidential campaign. Hence that M19 happed AT ALL
was a victory.

Carrol