[Marxism] Re: msnbc on anti-war protests...

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Mon Mar 21 08:08:56 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. Junaid Alam" <mjunaidalam at msalam.net>

> I hate to break it to you, but the  real racial divide
> and the divisive political role it plays in the working-class as a weapon
> in the Republican arsenal
> is an historical and political fact. Been true in housing, in unions, in
> transportation, and
> political parties.

Actually, I would like for you to mention a single time I have denied the
racial problem in the USA?

You are the one inventing strawmen, not me. As a matter of fact, I thought
we were disucssing not the racial problems in the USA, but the inability of
the left to mobilize a movement against war.

I am sorry, but inspite of your protestations, it is you who creates
strawmen and false dichotomies. As a matter of fact your dichotomies are so
false, I actually agree with a lot of what you bring up in terms of race
relations in the USA.

In what we differ, or what I thought we differed, was in how this translated
into political practice. Yet you don't mention any of this.

sks