[Marxism] Being out of sync.

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 21 20:32:29 MST 2005

Dear Mr. Huato,

Your leaving Marxmail was a loss for many of us. You kept bringing a
refreshing and thoughtful point of view to the fore (and forum). I regret
your decision. While I understand it (it's such a load to have to deal
time and again with doctrinaire malarkey), your departure is robbing
many of us from your insights.

I utterly disagree with your contention that one should work within the
Democratic Party, in order to hopefully "reform" it. But, my
disagreement does not entail that I am "right" and you are "wrong."
This is the kind of discussion we all need to entertain, if we are, as so
many of us claim, about "changing the system."

I'd be interested and grateful if you could consider expanding on why
working within the systen (DP, etc.), from a Marxist perspective -- or
whatever Marxism means (no one seems to agree on the definition...) -
- can help us overcome the predicaments we all confront.

If you are willing to address these issues, Swans will be honored to
publish them. Its readers will welcome the contributions.

Sincerely,
Gilles d'Aymery
Swans Commentary
P.O. Box 267