[Marxism] msnbc on anti-war protests...

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Tue Mar 22 07:41:00 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calvin Broadbent" <calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> It has been said before on this list, by persons of dubious political
> fibre, that concern for race relations in America stems from a (white)
> liberal guilt complex. Surely it is better to ignore such offensive
> right-wing psychobabble and stick (as M. Junaid always does) to sorting
> out facts from fiction? I wonder why some of these 'communists' are on a
> Marxism list at all. I would prefer it if charges of 'reverse racism' (the
> ideological underpinning of the 'guilt complex' argument) met with instant
> expulsion from the list.

I hate to pull the race card here. But I am not white. I have faced racism
and prejudice. Half of my american family won't talk to me.

The other half, with some exceptions, are liberal whites in guilt trips.

The left in the USA is also full of objective racists, and of paternalists
out to "help those poor"

Junaid does not provide serious analysis, but simply waxes tautology after
tautology, and furthermore, in my case, fights strawmen that are not there
when it comes to race. We mostly agree on analysis.

What is indeed the diference is his inability to see that in order to solve
racial problems, it is the white working class, precisely because they are
both white and working class, who we must address. Hard? sure.

Junaid attempt at idle confrontaition doesnt provide any relevant course of
action, any transformative direction, or at least create questions that
generate approximate answers, which in my opinion is the essence what
Marxism is about.

sks