[Marxism] Re: Chomsky profile/interview

M. Junaid Alam mjunaidalam at msalam.net
Tue Mar 22 08:41:50 MST 2005

I wish I could say this attack on Chomsky/Zinn/Buhle was simply Julio
Huato reincarnating himself as the most mindless ultra-left comical
caricature of a Marxist on the planet, resubbing himself under
"proletpower" as a backdoor attempt to persuade us of the correctness
his position on the DP. But, sadly, that would be to severely
underestimate the stupidity of certain "Marxist" dogmatists which rivals
that of any religious fundamentalist fool.

You see here at work, in the sniping at these leftist academics, the
other face of the completely unconditional and pathetic romanticization
of the workers. Bill O'Reilly would not have to change a single word in
these attacks in his own demagoguery. No need for context, or a balance
sheet, or to note the fact these academic-activists have reached
hundreds of thousands of people and played a major role in radicalizing
them and participating in the battle of ideas. That would require actual
intelligence. Better to send them to purgatory for supporting some
smalltime individual Democratic at some point in the face of no
alternatives, or  making a tactical political error in falling into a
quasi-ABB line. That way you can waste your time railing against
scarecrows instead of dealing with the underlying problem.