[Marxism] Iraq Reconstruction: "The Biggest Corruption Scandal in History"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 24 14:59:36 MST 2005

"Iraq Reconstruction: 'The Biggest Corruption Scandal in History'"
(Transparency International's "Global Corruption Report 2005" says
that "[i]f urgent steps are not taken, Iraq will . . . become the
biggest corruption scandal in history."  Will "become"?  Haven't we
seen enough corruption already, what with former CPA employee Frank
Willis's exposure of shrink-wrapped $100 bills handed out to Iraq
ministries and US firms without proper accounting?  "It is likely
that we have not yet seen the full scale of corruption in Iraq for
the simple reason that much of the anticipated expenditure on
building contracts and procurement has yet to begin," says
Transparency International.  Indeed, "only $5 billion" have been
disbursed for rebuilding Iraq,  employing "only 41,450 Iraqis,"
according to Chris Shumway) -- FULL TEXT:
<http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/03/iraq-reconstruction-biggest-corruption.html>.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>