[Marxism] Fw: No life support for you

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 24 18:07:16 MST 2005

>This I didn't know.
>
>Under a Texas law signed by George W. Bush, Terri Schiavo would have been
>completely dead a long time now.
>
>This makes moot all the discussions on moral grounds.
>
>This whole case is just a circus to distract the USA from the killing and
>dying abroad.
>
>sks

I've had cable TV news shows on for the past couple of days as background
noise while I'm working on a redesign of the Marxmail website. It has been
24-7 coverage of the Terri Schiavo story, with a *heavy* emphasis on making
her husband look like a dog while fawning over rightwing Catholics,
Republican politicians, etc. Tonight on the PBS news hour, they were
talking about the "significance" of this. When a guest began talking about
polls that "showed that 76 percent of the country...", I assumed that he
was referring to the opposition to Congressional interference. Instead the
idiot was talking about how 76 percent of the population thinks it is an
important question! Between PBS and MSNBC, there's not a lot to choose.

Louis Proyect
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org