[Marxism] Cynical Games Can Mean Big Losses

davidquarter at sympatico.ca davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 26 19:08:57 MST 2005

 Cynical Indeed, Walter...It's amazing that you of all people would post an article
from someone who applauds the decision of the Democrats to save Elian Gonzalez
from his Cuban-exile family's claws, yet paints the Terry Shiavo case as
government entering "into a family's most private affairs"... When it suits her of
course.

This  wreaks so badly of hypocrisy that I'm plugging my nose as I write...

DOQ

On 24 Mar 2005 at 17:23, Walter Lippmann wrote:

> (William F. Buckley, Jr. and Walter Lippmann weren't the
> only ones who realized the links between the political
> manipulations which the Republican right, along with a
> number of Democrats have engaged in, and the previous
> situation involving Elian Gonzalez. Important take on
> the Terri Schiavo situation unfolding before our eyes.
>
> (Particularly apt are McCarthy's comments explaining
> the cynical calculations which the Democrats engaged
> in regarding Elian as the example which Republicans
> and many Democrats are engaging in with Schiavo.
>
> (Buckley's comments and my introduction can be read:
>
> Published on Thursday, March 24, 2005
> by the Long Island, NY Newsday
> Cynical Games Can Mean Big Losses
> by Sheryl McCarthy
>
> Republicans are being blasted for turning the personal
> tragedy of Terri Schiavo's family into a national burlesque
> show - filled with political tap dancing, amazing feats and
> alternating laughter and tears.

....>