[Marxism] Re: My two cents on the Schiavo case

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Mar 27 00:20:00 MST 2005

 .    On  26.03.05
  wrote  jbustelo at bellsouth.net (Joaquín Bustelo)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  20050327044530.JJFD2032.imf24aec.mail.bellsouth.net at athlon
  about  RE: [Marxism] My two cents on the Schiavo case

JnB> In terms of the law, it is an entirely simple, straightforward,
JnB> and settled question: who decides what _medical treatment_ is in
JnB> the best interests of a patient? The patient does, and, in the
JnB> case of a married person, where no instructions are available
JnB> from the patient, the spouse.

  This may be so in terms of the law of the Florida state of the
United States of A, but the disputed case is not one of medical
treatment.

  As far as I know, Terri Schiavo does not suffer from a terminal
illness which would cause her more or less immediate death when
artificial life support is being removed. She is now being denied
nourishment, and she will die of dehydration, before she would die
from starving.

  It is not nice dieing [dying? sorry for my bad english] that way. If
I were in such a situation, I would prefer to get an injection of
lethal poison to kill me quick instead of the drawn out process of
starving to death.

Yours,

"Regierung aus dem Volke, durch das Volk und für das Volk"
   - Abraham Lincoln, Ansprache in Gettysburg, 19.11.1863
"... was in die revolutionäre Sprache von heute übersetzt heißt:
eine Regierung von Arbeitern, durch Arbeiter und für Arbeiter"
                                  - Fidel Castro, November 1994