The political role of (most) protestant churches in L. America (wasRe: On "Hispanic" Republicans (was Re: [Marxism] re:Buying

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Sun Mar 27 16:14:48 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nestor Gorojovsky" <nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar>

>> Aside from
>> the evangelical wave, which is recent, the protestant churches have
>> followed the catholic church in political terms in Latin America.

>This is enormously mistaken.

Enorme fue tu constestacion!!! Por dios!!! (jejeje)

Now, excellent and instructive piece of information, I actually learned a
lot today of Southern Patagonian history, which is a subject I had never
touched.

Now, I read and re-read and re-read, but I can't see how is it that
Catholicism and Protestantism are placed in contrast in this story, in terms
of what I mentioned in my posts on the "Hispanic" move towards conservatism.
I don't believe this is a factor simply because religious conversion in to
Pretestantism is not that important to be in power in the USA. There has
been a Catholic president etc.

As to the CIA fronts in Brazil (or El Salvador etc), they are precisely the
evangelical wave I refered to.

sks