[Marxism] Terri Shiavo: what the doctors say...

davidquarter at sympatico.ca davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 29 04:14:35 MST 2005

 Yes..you're so bright, Joaquam..how did you guess.?

 The tone and structure of the article (in terms of the way the discussion is
presented, i.e., life vs death, and as far as introducing the pro-life  argument  and
then "refuting" it with the  "expect" testimony) is so clearly slanted in favour of the
husband killer...your darling...I wasn't my intention to "prove" my position by posting
this article. And even if I believed that Shiavo couldn't in fact distinguish the earth
from the sun  (no pun indended) it wouldn't change my position, which is, primarily
and principally, to oppose "mercy" killing on the grounds that it is form of eugenics
with justications for it that harks back to the days of Hilter. In fact I was well aware
that the article (at face) gives more credence  to the killer's position. Still there are
points raised in the article where it isn't so clear, for example:" Bradley, who has not
examined Schiavo, did not attempt to say whether she is in a persistent vegetative
state. But he said that for someone who is in this state, "there is no conscious
perception of pain."
... UNlike yourself, I am open to hearing both sides of ANY argument and will read
and even post from positions that I happen to disagree with...And where the
evidence seems compelling, modify my position...My comments below were meant
to show the irony that of all the so-called "expects" cited by name in the article, it
turns out only one (mea culpa!) had actually examined Terri in person...ALso with
this doctor, he draws a conclusion and is then introduced to evidence that contradict
it and then, of course (and from long distance!) reafirms his original
conclusion...Would you  expect otherwise from an "expert" that probably gets paid
big bucks as a medical consultant and therefore has an obvious stake in maitaining
his reputation?

What I am more curious about... is whether the below a modification of your Papist
Plot theory?
And if so, where does the pope exactly fit in?