[Marxism] Steve Beren

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 29 08:21:55 MST 2005

>I've just been reading over this fellows web site.  Has anyone ever
>met him?  I wonder how someone goes from being an SWPer for over two
>decades to "a Christian, a patriot, and a supporter of the U.S.-led
>war against terrorism".
>
>http://www.steveberen.com/743293.html

Yeah, I remember Beren. I was in NYC when he joined out of City College. He
was an extremely quiet guy. I assume he was Jewish as well, so it is also a
religious conversion as well as a political conversion. As far as him being
a "powerful speaker," as his website boasts, there must have been some
amazing transformation that took place somewhere along the line. At any
rate, we are not exactly talking about David Horowitz here. Beren was an
obscure figure 35 years ago. He remains so today.

--

www.marxmail.org