[Marxism] Chomsky - Princeton Progressive Review

Clinton Fernandes cfer at deakin.edu.au
Tue Mar 29 15:31:40 MST 2005

Extract:
If you want to get a good sense of what it's like among the sort of left/liberal component of the intellectual and academic world (not the far right),
 have a look at this month's issue of the American Prospect, which is quite a good journal.
It has interesting material; it had quite a good article by Juan Cole on Iraq which says pretty much what I just said about the elections.
And there are other good issues.
But take a look at the front cover, which is quite intriguing actually.
The front cover shows the embattled left/liberal intellectuals caught between two powerful forces on both sides.
On one side, there's a scowling picture of Dick Cheney.
So, in one corner you have Dick Cheney and the White House, the Pentagon, the most powerful military force in history.
That's one side. On the other side, is..me.

Full: http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=11&ItemID=7548