[Marxism] Kyrgyzstan 'Regime Change' Masterminded By West

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Mar 30 10:22:52 MST 2005

>Rick Rozoff wrote:
>
>http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/03/30/behindkyrgyzstan.shtml
>
>Mosnews (Russia)
>March 30, 2005
>
>Kyrgyzstan Regime Change Masterminded by West —
>Newspaper

David O. Quarter crossposts items here from Rick Rozoff's ANTI-NATO mailing
list at:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/ANTINATO/read

These items are all cut from the same cloth. Western Imperialism is
stalking the planet. Wherever there is evidence that Evil Imperialism is
supporting X, the left should support anti-X. I don't think this is a very
dialectical approach. In fact, there is little that I have seen from people
like Rick Rozoff that betrays the slightest familiarity with Marxism as a
critical tool. At the very least, you would expect such people to at least
acknowledge counter-indicative information.

BBC Monitoring International Reports
October 19, 2004

KYRGYZ PRESIDENT HAILS COOPERATION WITH NATO

Bishkek, 19 October: "Our cooperation with NATO is directed both at
ensuring security in the region and in the country and at development,"
Kyrgyz President Askar Akayev said following talks with NATO
Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer.

He said that this year would mark 10 years since the agreement on
Kyrgyzstan joining the NATO Partnership for Peace programme had been
signed. "Our cooperation with NATO within the framework of this programme
was large-scale, and it covered many spheres, above all, of course,
training our troops," Akayev said. He said all the measures of military
cooperation under the programme had made it possible to raise the level of
the country's armed forces and strengthen them.

Akayev noted that there was also another aspect of cooperation which
concerned NATO's support for the country's economy and education. Great
assistance had also been provided to clear up the aftermath of natural
disasters. The president said that Kyrgyzstan had succeeded in implementing
a number of projects within the NATO Science Programme, specifically "The
Virtual Silk Road" (project) which had enabled the Kyrgyz side to get free
access to NATO and European Union resources.

Louis Proyect
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org