[Marxism] Lund, Sheppard and Miah call on workers to leave AFL-CIO

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 14:54:54 MST 2005

According to an earlier post, Barry actually said that the SWP was so
democratic in the 1960s and 70s that it accorded representation on
leadership bodies to minorities.

I said that if he wrote that, he's just lying... and, unless somebody
can show me otherwise, I'll stick with it...and repeat it.

No representation was accorded the Internationalist Tendency in 1973 in
the SWP National Committee, much less the Political Committee.  The IT
was given two seats on the YSA National Committee and purged them at the
first NC meeting.  There were no representatives of the Communist
Tendency, the Leninist Faction, the For a Proletarian Orientation
Tendency, etc.

In the early 1960s, the only reason there were tendencies in the
leadership was because the Wohlforth and Robertson factions developed
behind people who were already there.

So, I ask Fred and my other old comrades to explain to my how it isn't a
lie to say that the SWP represented factions and tendencies in the
leadership bodies.

Solidarity!
Mark