[Marxism] Lund, Sheppard and Miah call on workers to leave AFL-CIO

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 16:31:14 MST 2005

My understanding is that it is that Barry Sheppard wrote that the SWP in
the 1960s and 70s accorded democratic representation of minorities on
leadership bodies.  I wrote that, if he said that, he was in
fantasyland....

I didn't mean to suggest that minorities were not represented in 1940s
or the early 1950s.

By 1970, though, this was certainly viewed as distinctly and explicitly
anti-Leninist... I remember very well one of the local demigods poking
me in the chest to emphasize his words: "No serious Leninist party would
ever thwart the democratic wishes of the party majority by denying them
the right to have a leadership that completely reflected their views."
That's how the party leadership at the top was training their local
enforcers.

At the time, I found it despicable.

In the present, a falsification of the record denies the movement the
lessons it is entitled to learn....

Solidarity!
Mark L.