[Marxism] Stephanie Coontz colloquium

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 3 08:24:15 MDT 2005

http://chronicle.com/colloquy/2005/05/marriage/

Join a <http://chronicle.com/colloquy/2005/05/marriage/>live, online
discussion with Stephanie Coontz, a historian at Evergreen State College
and the director of research and public education for the nonprofit Council
on Contemporary Families, about the changing definition of marriage and the
implications for society at large, on Thursday, May 5, at 1:30 p.m.,
Eastern time.

Unfortunately, you can participate in this only if you are a subscriber to
Chronicles of Higher Education. I will have access to the exchanges,
however, and will post some or all of them to the list tomorrow.

Stephanie was a leading theorist of woman's liberation in the American SWP
during the 1970s. She is now a highly regarded academic who has not lost
her class perspective. I imagine that the discussion will be most
interesting, especially in light of all the bullshit about "traditional
values" in the 2004 elections.

--

www.marxmail.org