[Marxism] How the mighty have fallen

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Fri May 6 18:42:17 MDT 2005

But here's the terrible secret about being a Yankee fan.  There's a
little George Steinbrenner inside each of us:  every Yankee pitcher has
to win every game, preferably by a shut out; every Yankee hitter has to
hit every time up; no Yankee player can make an error.

"We" are our own curse; the victories of the past weigh like a nightmare
upon baseball brains of the living.

What movie was it?  Forbidden Planet.  Dr. Whatshisname-- Morbius,
harnessing the technological power of the Krell (read money) only to
create the blood-thirsty, never satisfied, destructive monster of his
own desires, his own needs.

That's it.... Steinbrenner is our Krell, our monster ids.