[Marxism] Bush declares war on Soviet Union

Brian James bajames at shaw.ca
Sat May 7 07:13:02 MDT 2005

By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

RIGA, Latvia - Second-guessing Franklin D. Roosevelt,

President Bush said Saturday the United States played a role in Europe's
painful division after World War II - a decision that helped cause "one
of the greatest wrongs of history" when the Soviet Union imposed its
harsh rule across Central and Eastern Europe.

Bush said the lessons of the past will not be forgotten as the United
States tries to spread freedom in the Middle East.

"We will not repeat the mistakes of other generations, appeasing or
excusing tyranny, and sacrificing freedom in the vain pursuit of
stability," the president said. "We have learned our lesson; no one's
liberty is expendable. In the long run, our security and true stability
depend on the freedom of others."

Bush singled out the 1945 Yalta agreement signed by Roosevelt in a
speech opening a four-day trip focused on Monday's celebration in Moscow
of the 60th anniversary of Nazi Germany's defeat....

Full:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050507/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush