[Marxism] Crusades

Shane Brinton comradebrinton at moscowmail.com
Sun May 8 22:36:33 MDT 2005

> And why we must be careful to ascribe political Islam any sort of
> superiority over political Christianity. They both come in the
> imperialist and liberation brand.

Excellent.

It's very, very important for us to be able to make this distinction between liberation theology and imperialist theology - both in the middle east, and here at home.

It's essential if we want to have an accurate class-oriented view of today's conflicts. Any other approach usually ends up being a variation on the "clash of civilizations."