[Marxism] Re: Anti-imperialism?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon May 9 16:22:18 MDT 2005

"acpollack2 at juno.com" <acpollack2 at juno.com> wrote:
>How about circulating US Labor Against the War's appeal for united
>mass fall actions? Get it- a LABOR appeal, for MASS actions?
>http://uslaboragainstwar.org/article.php?id=8021

I just signed it, and I promise to circulate it among local activists
and post it to relevant email listservs.

But will it be effective?  I spent a lot of time between the summer
of 2003 and the spring of 2004 lobbying ANSWER and UFPJ to do united
mass actions.  A couple of such joint actions did come about, but
lots of time spent on lobbying them yielded very meagre temporary
gains.  And by now the situation has changed.  ANSWER having
weakened, and the IAC having started a new "coalition" called Troops
Out Now, which is as weak as the rump ANSWER, the core leaders of
UFPJ probably think that they can safely ignore them.  But UFPJ
itself has gotten diminished, having alienated leftists who used to
participate in it in some way (like ISO activists).

And between now and the fall?
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>