[Marxism] re: A critique of the 2005 Left Forum

Javier A javierunderground at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 23:09:26 MDT 2005

You seriously have over anaylized my comments. Your
polemics, at times, come from outer space. As far as
my "workerism" whatever that means, never came up. I
have alot of respect for certain intellectuals that
are not popular among young radical activist.

My main point was that the radicalism among young
people has not developed into a cohesive structure to
shape and effect society on a consistent basis.
Intellectual projects will be an important ingredient
in this process. But the intellectual projects that
could and will be meaningfull for young activist will
not carry the potentially significant role in the
movement if such an organizational structures do not
develop as well.  As far as political periods go,
organizationally speaking the American left is weaker
than it it ever has been in its history. This is
something that young leftist academics have to come to
terms with.

To put it simply, im more concerned with this problem
then I am with the age composition of academic
conferences.

Javier