[Marxism] O, Dialectics!

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu May 12 09:50:40 MDT 2005

 www.leninology. :

-clip-

I doubt that you, or Trotksy, or anyone else has examined every corner of
the universe, at every atomic and subatomic level, and discovered incessant
change.  It was once believed that the proton was self-identical for at
least ten to the power of 38 years.  When Lenin wrote, it was widely
believed (and so he accepted) that there was such a thing as 'ether' -
actually that belief is becoming more fashionable.  But it is simply
unscientific a priori reasoning to insist as a matter of one's philosophical

foundation that all nature is in a perpetual state of change.

^^^^^^^
CB: How about as a posteriori reasoning as a presumption ? Because, all past
experience is that nothing stays the same forever, there is no Rock of Ages
or God , no eternally constant anything, we presume for the future that
everything changes.

How do you get around the claim that if you think there is something that
doesn't change , then you think that God exists ?

In other words, dialectics is identical with atheism.