[Marxism] O, Dialectics!

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 15:07:41 MDT 2005

>funny but my dictionary says CHANGE /n/ -- that makes it a thing in my
>book. besides a "mode of existence" itself is also a thing, but not
>tangible (physical) in the everyday sense of "thing".

That's an interesting point, Steve, but if it is a 'thing', one should be
able to distinguish one such thing from two such things.

More importantly, 'change' is an abstract noun - it doesn't refer to a
thing, but what happens *to* things.  There are all sorts of words that do
not designate things: tomorrow, the past, freedom, justice etc.