[Marxism] Iraq cops to US troops: It's all because you're here

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Fri May 13 01:27:13 MDT 2005

Nothing is more important today than to understand that the oppressor
nation in Iraq today is not the formerly relatively privileged Sunni
population, as the bourgeois media (and a few radicals such as the
Militant newspaper) will try to convince us, but the US occupiers.  That
is why the Shia population is not going to rally to the occupation
against the Sunni-based armed resistance, as Washington and a
significant section of the Shia bourgeois leadership, thought they
would.
Fred Feldman

AFP via ABC News (Australia) - May 10, 2005
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200505/s1364588.htm

Iraqi police vent anger at US after car bombings

Iraqi police hurled insults at US soldiers after two suicide car bomb
blasts in Baghdad killed at least seven people and left 19 wounded,
including policemen.

"It's all because you're here," a policeman shouted in Arabic at a group
of US soldiers after the latest in a bloody wave of attacks that have
rocked Baghdad this month.

"Get out of our country and there will be no more explosions," he told
the uncomprehending Americans staring at the smouldering wreck of a car
bomb.

The explosion wounded three policemen as they stood guard at the
entrance to the River Police compound on Abu Nawas street in the centre
of the capital.

"We were near the headquarters and all of a sudden a Ford car rushed
very fast at the closed gate. One of the guards opened fire and the car
stopped, but moments later it exploded," Sergeant Abbas Mohammed told
AFP.

"One guard was burnt and is in very critical condition. Two others were
caught by the blast," he said.

Another suicide bomber also tried to attack a US army patrol on the
central Saadun street but missed and smashed into other vehicles,
setting them ablaze.

At least seven civilians were killed and 16 wounded, police and medics
said.

"I was driving my bus with many passengers and on the other side of the
street a US convoy was passing by," 45-year-old minibus driver Abdullah
Jassim Mohammed said.

"All of a sudden there was a big explosion and I saw a man dying in
front of me. The US convoy was unharmed," the driver said, who sustained
slight head wounds.

"Since Americans invaded our country they have brought nothing but
evil." - AFP