[Marxism] O, Dialectics!

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri May 13 13:40:04 MDT 2005

Yes, and  physics now holds that there is no ether, i.e. no absolute rest.
Everything is moving. All motion is relative to other motions.
Engels maxim that there is nothing but matter and its mode of existence is
motion is confirmed by physics.

As far as I know, Michelson and Morely were not dialecticians; that is they
had no philosophical bias to reach this conclusion.

Charles

^^^^^^^

Shane Mage .

It is the notion that there can exist anything unchanging in a universe
(ours) where anything at all is changing that is illogical nonsense.  Our
universe is structured in at least four (three spatial and one temporal)
dimensions.  The most minimal change involves change of position
in at least one of these dimensions (up-down, forward-backward,
left-right, younger-older).  If the position of any object changes,
then the position relative to it of absolutely every other object is
changed correspondingly (if you move further from me then I have
changed by becoming further from you).  The essence of the dialectical
view of the universe is the interdependence of everything within it.

Shane Mage

"Heeding  not me but the logos, it is wise to agree that all things are
one."
-Heracleitos of Ephesos