[Marxism] Malvinas and their importance

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun May 15 18:33:13 MDT 2005

We Argentineans are -wrongly, I think- known for a tendency to
consider ourselves the navel of the world. Not this time around.  I
understand Paddy's comments.  However, I wanted to simply give the
South American (not British) point of view.  This is what I believe
lists like this one are good for.

What do you think, Paddy?

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:15 May 2005, a las 12:00

> well Nestor - while sympathising, in a general way, with your nation's
> feelings of annoyance at the continuing imperial occupation of those
> off-shore islands it has to be regarded as a very minor matter for
> anti-imperialist struggle in Britain - where the two major struggles
> must be
>          1. against the co-operation of the British government's in
>          the US
> attempt to  rule the world and in particular with the
> occupation/colonisation of Iraq
> and
>          2. the ending of the British occupation of Ireland.
>
> We may add ending the colonisation of the Malvinas to the list, but I
> am afraid it must come rather a long way down the list - probably even
> below the problem of the Diego Garcia - with little chance of raising
> interest among those still doubtful about nos. 1 & 2 - but thanks for
> the web-site reference

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Aparicio Saravia