[Marxism] ISO: "For a Mass, Non-Exclusionary Antiwar Movement"

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 14:04:10 MDT 2005

Shane Brinton wrote:

While slogans like "Bring our troops home now" show support for US
imperialism, by accepting that the troops are "ours," I think that a
slogan like "Bring our kids home now!" is very clear in its meaning --
bot anti-imperialist and compassionate!

Haven't you provided your own answer to the conundrum? Why use the word
"our" at all? If you don't like "Not one cent more for occupation and war!
Out Now!", or if you want an additional slogan, then surely "Bring THE
troops home now" has all the pros of "Bring our troops home now" with none
of the cons.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com