[Marxism] On Malvinas in Argentina (to Paddy)

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon May 16 14:34:15 MDT 2005

No, Paddy, on this you are wrong.  Because the whole issue of
dependency of Argentina is knotted, and revolving, around the
Malvinas.  It is somehow long to explain but just in the same way the
presence of American troops in Viet Nam was *the* anti-imperialist
issue in USA, 1965 (and their presence in Iraq should be, methinks,
*the* issue today), British occupation of the Malvinas, when
considered in an Argentinean political context, opens up the door to
every other debate in a way hardly other issue (save for the foreign
debt, and not even this) does.

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:16 May 2005, a las 10:33

> However, I think that even for Argentinians the Malvinas problem is
> rather a side-issue compared to the overwhelming issue of current US
> (with GB as side-kick) policies.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Aparicio Saravia