Many Vietnam Vets were Red as a Baboon's Ass (was Re: [Marxism]ISO: "For...

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Tue May 17 06:24:35 MDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jscotlive at aol.com>

> But
> only once they'd become demoralised and began to question the war.

This is not true.

There where complete Bolshevik (and other groups) cells within all branches
of the armed forces LONG before the 1917 revolutions.

In Venezuela, large sections of the armed forces have played a revolutionary
role with no war going on (I know, not an imperialist army, ya-da ya-da)

Thing is, orientation towards members of the military cannot be one of
simple hatred, for the simple reason they are also part of the working
class.

And of course, the Iraqi's attitude towards the soldiers should be different
from ours. Am a bit orthodox on this bit, I suggest you read some Lenin on
the difference between the anti-imperialism of the oppressed nation and the
anti-imperialism of the oppresor nation (ie "Self-Determination",
"Imperialism" etc etc etc)

sks