[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 17 09:58:39 MDT 2005

>What kind of crap is this?
>
>So, what's the alternative, tell them how much we love them and understand
>their pain? How they, as they're letting a few more Iraqis have it with
>their
>M-60's, are the real victims in this war and if they would just stop and
>think
>  maybe, just maybe, they might come round to seeing it our way?
>
>Your asinine response reveals that congenital malaise among some segments  of
>the US left' namely, a lack of willingness to take an honest, principled  and
>strong stance against your own troops engaged in what are atrocities to rank
>with any committed by the Nazis during the Second World War.
>
>National chauvinism has no place in an antiwar or anti-imperialism  movement.
>None whatsoever.

Joe, you have stormed off Marxmail twice already because we are not radical
enough for you. Shouldn't you be thinking in terms of finding co-thinkers?
Every time you go off on one of these tacks, it inevitably leads to flame
wars. I simply will not permit this, nor should you waste your time trying
to convince people who are on a different wave-length. Politics is
fundamentally about finding allies. The people on Marxmail, despite
differences on one or another question, do not accuse each other of
"chauvinism". The last time this charge was brought up around what attitude
to take to the Chinese government, I was forced to unsub some people. I
will certainly do so again if the need arises.

--

www.marxmail.org