[Marxism] Galloway before Congress

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 07:59:50 MDT 2005

Louis wrote about Galloway's delivery, and it was impressive indeed. Shortly
after watching him, I watched CondoLIEzza Rice speaking somewhere (I think
Iraq, it doesn't matter) and she was hemming and hawing and hesitating
before every word or phrase. It's important to understand that the
distinction doesn't JUST reflect a better speaking ability on Galloway's
part, or training. What it reflects is that Galloway doesn't have to think
about what he's saying, because he is speaking the TRUTH, whereas Rice, just
like her boss Bush, has to choose her words very carefully, because most of
what she says consists of LIES, and she has to be very careful not to make
them too obvious or too contradictory of something she might have said the
day before. She has to be careful to phrase everything in such a way that it
can have the semblance of the truth, while still being a lie, just like when
her boss Bush told the world that he "didn't have any plans for the invasion
of Iraq on his desk," he was probably telling the truth, because he really
had them on his credenza, something I have termed
<http://lefti.blogspot.com/2003_09_01_lefti_archive.html#106496386791072527>
the "credenza defense".

It's a lot easier to speak when you're speaking the truth.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com