[Marxism] On the appointment of John Bolton

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Wed May 18 08:48:41 MDT 2005

In the school of political projectors, I was but ill entertained; the
professors appearing, in my judgment, wholly out of their senses, which
is a scene that never fails to make me melancholy. These unhappy people
were proposing schemes for persuading monarchs to choose favourites
upon the score of their wisdom, capacity, and virtue; of teaching
ministers to consult the public good; of rewarding merit, great
abilities, eminent services; of instructing princes to know their true
interest, by placing it on the same foundation with that of their
people; of choosing for employments persons qualified to exercise them,
with many other wild, impossible chimeras, that never entered before
into the heart of man to conceive; and confirmed in me the old
observation, "that there is nothing so extravagant and irrational,
which some philosophers have not maintained for truth."
http://swift.thefreelibrary.com/Gullivers-Travels/3-6