[Marxism] Galloway before Congress

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 10:56:15 MDT 2005

>Can anyone tell me whether CSPAN broadcast Galloway's excoriating testimony
>in the Senate hearing?

They didn't; both CSPAN and CSPAN-2 were doing their "standard broadcast" of
"action" from the floor of the House and Senate. However CNN, Fox, and MSNBC
all broadcast significant portions of the testimony; basically all of
Galloway's opening statement, and then varying portions of the questioning.
The latter was accompanied on all three channels at various times with
"talking-head voiceovers" telling viewers what they should think about what
was going on, but the original opening statement was broadcast pretty much
without such commentary, which was just great.

There's a link to the MSNBC broadcast here on my blog:

<http://lefti.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_lefti_archive.html#111634641611000237>

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com