On Krauts and Yankees (was Re: [Marxism] Re: The Military Programme of the Proletarian Revolution(was Re: Many Vietna...

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Wed May 18 11:42:54 MDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jscotlive at aol.com>

> We would not I'm sure have had much sympathy with Germans following the
> same
> line with regard to their troops in occupied Europe during the Second
> World
> War and I fail to see the difference with this one.

This is the crux of the matter with you. There is a difference between on
how revolutionaries within the oppresor countries and in the oppressed
countries should approach this question.

While in Germany, due to the fascist nature of the State, german
revolutionaries' work amongst the soldiers was clandestines a severly
repressed, it still happened, sometimes even as part of the same Comintern
that was blowing them up to smitthereens elsewhere.

In the USA, such work is less dangerous, and we can even openly organize
soldier's families. So lets do it. What the Iraqis do to the troops in Iraq
is up to the Iraqis, and we wish them victory.

The failure to see this is what demonstrates the political bankruptcy of the
"hate the troops" argument. Unless you are an anarchist, that is.

sks