On Krauts and Yankees (was Re: [Marxism] Re: The Military Programme of th...

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Wed May 18 12:50:01 MDT 2005

cerejota at optonline.net writes:

In the  USA, such work is less dangerous, and we can even openly organize
soldier's families. So lets do it. What the Iraqis do to the troops in  Iraq
is up to the Iraqis, and we wish them  victory.

Reply:

I agree that we should be organising soldier's families. In the recent
British general election both a mother and a father of two British troops killed
in Iraq ran on an antiwar ticket, one in Scotland and one in England for Tony
Blair's own seat, reducing Blair's majority by some 4,000 votes.

Look, the troops, volunteers, are engaged in war crimes. This is an illegal
war and their role as mercenaries for the ruling class is indisputable and
should be called as such. Here in the UK the Nazi British National Party
recruits predominantly in working class communities. We don't try  and reach out to
them, we attack them, physically and orally. Yes, attempt  to recruit the
troops, through their families, on their bases, but let's  not call an apple and
orange. Their economic and social status grants them the  potential to be
recruited to our politics, it doesn't automatically place them  on a pedestal,
making them untouchable.

It is all about consciousness at the end of the day. By joining up they
demonstrate their identification with the values and aspirations of the ruling
class and the capitalist system. Personally, I have more truck  with the kids
who rebel against that system, however unconsciously,  through crime.