On Krauts and Yankees (was Re: [Marxism] Re: The MilitaryProgramme of th...

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Wed May 18 16:38:24 MDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jscotlive at aol.com>

> Here in the UK the Nazi British National Party
> recruits predominantly in working class communities. We don't try  and
> reach out to
> them, we attack them, physically and orally.

You have no fucking idea about what you are talking about.

As a matter of fact, the most succesful anti-fascist organizations in the UK
are FULL of ex-fascists (and hence hated by much of the left) who were
converted by the alternation between front line physical confrontation and
rear guard educational and even material outreach.

I personally and via the internet have friendship and collaborate
politically with many UK anti-fas and to a man, in the current anti-war
struggle, they agree with me on this question, informed, as I am, by their
own experience fighting homegrown fascism.

Get off the fantasy dude, it doesn't match reality.

> Yes, attempt  to recruit the
> troops, through their families, on their bases, but let's  not call an
> apple and
> orange. Their economic and social status grants them the  potential to be
> recruited to our politics, it doesn't automatically place them  on a
> pedestal,
> making them untouchable.

Of course not. But it doesn't automatically place them in the shitlist,
either. And your mechanical denouciation is just plain dumb.

> It is all about consciousness at the end of the day. By joining up they
> demonstrate their identification with the values and aspirations of the
> ruling
> class and the capitalist system.

> Personally, I have more truck  with the kids
> who rebel against that system, however unconsciously,  through crime.

This has to be the foremost petty-bourgeoise rrrrrrrrevolutionary fantasy.

Dude, I *was* a criminal at one point in my life. I have also worked in
organizing soldiers and veterans.

Give me the latter before the former ANY DAY. The former are usually
de-classed, lumpenized, big talking con-artists, with no notion of anything
called social responsability, not even a misguided notion. As a matter of
fact, criminals represent the ultimate in bourgeoise values, not its
ultimate negation.

Kids who join the military (unless they are criminals alreayd, not unheard
of) are usually working class kids with some vague and misguided notions of
social reponsability, and usually even somewhat naive (ie they buy the
recruiter's lies at face value). They are much easier to approach
ideologically than criminals are, and furthermore, make much more coherent
and dedicated comrades once the come thru to the left side (Stan Goff
anyone?).

While organizations, like the BPP and the YLP who oriented towards the
criminal element self-destructed in an orgy of drugs and violence. Man,
fucking Huey Newton was killed in a crack-related incident!

sks