[Marxism] RESPECT direction after the election

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 06:16:40 MDT 2005

Hi,

Yes, I only wish the Labour Party would go back to the basic principles of
'Old' Labour, like cracking down on militant trade unionism in the 1980s and
anti-Imperialist strikes and struggles in Ireland since the party's
existence, bombing and killing people in Iraq, India, Malaya, signing
contracts with South Africa's apartheid regime, sending gunships to China to
secure gains made by British imperialism during the Opium wars, sending
troops into Ireland, opposing Egyptian demands on Suez, Kenyan national
liberation demands in late 1940s, supporting Zionist demands in Palestine,
not-so covert support for US imperialism in Vietnam, Special Powers Acts and
torture of prisoners in north of Ireland, In Place of Strife trade union
legislation in 1970s, increasing inequality, vouchers systems and
snatch-quads for ayslum seekers, selling hawk aircraft to Indonesian
military for use in East Timor, and a million other 'red' measures. Still,
they supported the Welfare State. But, then, so did the tories.

And much of this with George Galloway in the party. Eh?