[Marxism] Good news! UFPJ also calls antiwar protest for DC September 24.

ffeldman at verizon.net ffeldman at verizon.net
Mon May 23 12:44:28 MDT 2005

What happened on May 1 in NYC?  The two coalitions called competing actions on subjects other than Iraq for the same date.

What is happening this time?  Both coalitions will be on the same date and city AGAINST THE WAR IN IRAQ!

Time to use our heads, people!

If we don't jump on this opportunity to bring large numbers of people to Washington against the war because of our kvetches against the coalitions, we will be more sectarian than they are! We haven't had an opportunity like this in quite some time.

Not to mention the fact that the two demos on the same issue and in the same city creates a rather ideal framework for a pressure campaign for a united rally.

But frankly, I think we should proceed to build like crazy for September 24 -- National OUT NOW! Day in the US capital.

The worst thing the UFPJ could have done -- given that ANSWER's ultimatistic insistence on its full program as slogans for the march gave the UFPJ perfect cover for abstention (and may have been intended to give them cover for abstention) -- would have been to stay out of Washington that day.  What they have done instead is much, much better from the standpoint of antiwar fighters. And much, much better for the people of Iraq, too.

All out on September 24.  Both coalitions have called for antiwar fighters to mobilize in the US capital on that date.  Let's seize the time!
Fred Feldman