[Marxism] Good news! UFPJ also calls antiwar protest for DC September 24.

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon May 23 12:50:52 MDT 2005

Carlos wrote:
>I disagree it is outrageous. I don't have a One Big March fetish, like it
>seems you and others have.

This is not about "fetishes". It is about useless divisions. Division in
the face of the enemy is not a good thing. Both the UFPJ and ANSWER are for
getting out of Iraq. Whatever differences they have over other questions
should not get in the way of a show of unity one or two days a year. It
would be much better for the movement to have a single larger demo than two
smaller demos for other reasons. The left is trying to present itself as an
alternative to the madness of ruling class politics. We don't look very
effective when we can't come to terms around the need to meet at site a and
march to site b under the banner of immediate withdrawal from Iraq.

--

www.marxmail.org