[Marxism] Good news! UFPJ also calls antiwar protest for DC Septem ber 24.

acpollack2 at juno.com acpollack2 at juno.com
Mon May 23 12:48:56 MDT 2005

Fred is 100% correct. This is a huge step forward.
Months ago when I said I was ecstatic that the September 10th action was called -- at a point when it seemed there might be NO fall action -- someone pointed out this didn't give much time to mobilize students getting back from campus. So the 24th is much better.

Much, much more important is what Fred said about both marches being the same day -- and that UFPJ leaves the door open for one march by welcoming ANSWER et al. feeder marches.

Yes, the UFPJ letter is a pack of sectarian crap in terms of much of its explanation and motivation. But this is far outweighed by their admission that the USLAW unity efforts were key in there being a joint date at all.

The marches on the same day in New York were a travesty, not just because they were separate, but because one wasn't even a march against the war in Iraq (UFPJ's).

And if anyone thinks this is the end of the negotations over the character of 9/24 you're sadly mistaken.

Build the march!

Andrew Pollack