[Marxism] Good news! UFPJ also calls antiwar protest for DC September 24.

Mike Friedman mikedf at mail.amnh.org
Tue May 24 14:04:56 MDT 2005

I agree with Fred -- it's progress, if the alternative -- different
demonstrations, different days, different venues -- is considered.
Although I don't think we can really consider UfPJ's change of plans
to be a victory BY the anti-war forces, it is surely a gain FOR the
anti-war forces, and -- as Fred says -- it opens up the possibility
of pressuring the groups to hold a joint demonstration. I think we
should immediately begin pressuring the two groups to come down off
their high horses. UfPJ's stated willingness to discuss logistics is
a starting point.

--
Michael Friedman
Doctoral Candidate in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior

Molecular Systematics Laboratory
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
79th Street at Central Park West