[Marxism] Niall Ferguson is VERY worried

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Tue May 24 17:17:06 MDT 2005

This is the latest media blitz, the "we can't leave because it would throw
the country into civil war".

I saw on NBC (online I don't have TV) a report on "Fighting Two Wars", which
described the USA as "mediator" between "Shias and Sunnis".

The scary thing this echoes EXACTLY the line the right-wing of the UFPJ
feeds us!

The interesting thing is that it has been proven conclusively even by the
NYT, that this is not the case. Sure there would be a power struggle in Iraq
if the US left, but this would be just a temporary and natural part of
nation building. Morever, the occupation is in full force, and people still
get killed in what little sectarian strife there is. Who are we to say it
would just get worse without the USA?

sks