[Marxism] Re: Oskar Lafontaine leaves SPD - WASG + PDS should runtogether

Michael Sims mjsbpmagen-mxmail at yahoo.fr
Wed May 25 08:19:18 MDT 2005

I think that Kaus Ernst's opinion, mentioned in the two articles below,
that the presence of an "extreme" left faction in a party drives the
voters away, is unfounded.

I'm quite sure that a different logic applies to the parties of the left
than those of the bourgoisie.

Please correct me if am wrong, but without any figures in front of me,
but from memory, I have the impression that the PDS was a far more
attractive party for the voters with its communist faction and heated
discussions than the present party which some marxists have left while
others have put themselves under the yoke of party discipline.

The party now has the peace of the cemetary and, irony of ironies, is
now far closer to the old bureaucratic SED image, but in
social-democratic pose, than it was before with its lively faction
disputes between marxists and reformists.

Am I right in believing the voters preferred the latter ?

Michael