[Marxism] Catholic conscientious Objectors?

Aaron Kreider aaron at campusactivism.org
Wed May 25 23:04:22 MDT 2005

I believe that the military has in the past only recognized COs who
oppose *all wars*.  Picking and choosing which wars you support
doesn't fly.

As such, a minority of Catholics are pacifists (and the official
Church position is that it is fine for Catholics to be pacifists -
it's just that most Catholics aren't), and thus are capable of
becoming COs (perhaps subject to the whims of the local draft
board?).

I suspect members of traditional peace churches (Quakers, Brethren,
Mennonites, etc) would have a lot easier time "proving" their
pacifism.

Aaron
Building Networks, Building Power --> http://www.campusactivism.org