[Marxism] Sino-Soviet Split

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 26 10:04:23 MDT 2005

Pieinsky wrote:

> Well, Calvin, you should look at the series of theoretical polemics that the
> CPC issued during the early 1960s criticizing "modern revisionism".  I
> probably have them somewhere up in the attic.  But you should be able to get
> them at a decent university library.

There is another reason for reading those documents, independently of
their concrete content -- they are nearly archetypal instances of
struggle grounded in unity (however real or fake the unity might be) as
opposed to struggle first, unity never - AND as opposed to unity at a
merely bureaucratic level. I don't know whether I have my copies of them
anymore or not. The Chinese were wrong in this instance, but their mode
of carrying on the struggle is illuminating.

Carrol