Fwd: [Marxism] "we now have very, very low propensity to enlist"

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 12:26:57 MDT 2005

Just got finished reading this. I quess it was an interview with Major General Michael Rochelle, Recruitment Commander  for the Army.
I found it interesting that the monthly goal for each recruiter was 2 (two). This is the number they're having trouble meeting. Another way of looking at it is, that even a "successful" recruiter who just barely makes the quota, has only two enlistees to show for a month of working 60+ hours per week of beating the bushes for enlistees.
I also found it interesting that when the Army initially announced the 15 month enlistment program they didn't mention training+ 15 months, which in reality would be, on the average a total enlistment of 19-20 months.
I guess what it boils down to is that there just aren't that many young folks who  want to go to Iraq, in order to experience being shot at by complete strangers, with the possibility (probability?) of having their term of duty extended by the "stop loss" policy of the US military.

full:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2005/05/mil-050520-dod01.htm